This Privacy Notice describes how Camelot Global Lottery Solutions Limited, trading as Camelot Lottery Solutions (“Camelot”), handles personal data submitted as part of its job application process. Please read this document carefully to understand how Camelot uses and protects information provided.
- Your choice and consent
Providing application data is voluntary. However, if you choose not to submit requested candidate data, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. By submitting your application data:
- You declare that you have read, understood and accept this Privacy Notice
- You grant your consent to Camelot holding and processing your data, in accordance with this notice
- You declare that the information given in your application is complete and true to the best of your knowledge, and understand that incorrect statements could lead to your application being rejected
- You authorise Camelot to verify statements contained in this application and to make any necessary reference checks.
- Camelot reserves the right to modify this policy by updates following changes in employment and/or data protection legislation.
- Data we collect and process about you
This Privacy Notice covers any candidate data you submit to Camelot during the recruitment process, including, but not limited to, the following information:
- Your name, contact details and candidate status
- Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, questionnaire results
- Job preferences and type of employment sought, willingness to relocate
- Names and contact details for references. Please note that it is your responsibility to obtain consent from your references prior to providing us personal information about them
- Current and historic salary details together with salary expectations.
Camelot may collect data directly from you or from third parties, for example when conducting a background check or employment reference. This is subject to your consent, where required by law.
For the avoidance of doubt, Camelot does not wish to receive any confidential or proprietary information which you have received from your previous employers.
- For what purpose will your data be used?
The personal data you provide in your application and during the recruitment process will only be held and processed to facilitate the selection process and in connection with any subsequent employment. Your personal data may be used to assess your employment application, to verify your information, to conduct reference checks, to communicate with you, and to inform you of further career opportunities. Should your application result in a job offer and should you accept that offer, the data collected will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
- Who can access your data?
Only selected employees of Camelot - such as management team members, potential future line managers or HR staff - and selected third parties supporting the recruitment process have access to your personal data. Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be supplied to any third party without your explicit authorisation.
- Data retention
Your personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the recruitment process. Camelot may retain and use your application data to consider you for other positions, for a maximum period of 12 months.
Should you not want Camelot to consider you for future positions, please let your recruitment representative know and Camelot will delete all of your data.
If your application has been successful and you are hired, the corresponding application data will be used in connection with your employment consistent with data protection policies.
Camelot will handle job application data in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom and Ireland. Where the law provides less protection than this privacy notice, Camelot will handle your data in accordance with this notice. As your data controller, Camelot has registered with the ‘Information Commissioner’s Office’ as required under the Data Protection Act 1998 and is listed in the ‘Data Protection Public Register’. Personal information will only be collected and/or processed in accordance with this Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Your rights as a candidate
You may exercise the following rights in relation to your candidate data:
- The right to be informed. This privacy notice provides transparency on how Camelot processes and handles personal data. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
- The right of access. You are allowed anytime and free of charge access to your personal data, so that you are aware of, and can verify, the lawfulness of the processing. Information will be provided without delay and at the latest within one month of your request
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure. You can request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason to continue having it processed
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to suppress processing of personal data
- The right to data portability. This allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- The right to objection. You have the right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority
- direct marketing
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review period
This document will be reviewed 12 months after the issue date and every 12 months thereafter.